In November, I took a trip to Dallas for a week to explore the area and look for a home.
I found that what everyone says it's true. It's a vibrant city with plenty of great shopping! This includes Neiman Marcus's flagship store, which fortunately for my pocketbook, means equally great outlet stores.
The malls in the city are enormous and boast the cleanest bathrooms I've ever seen. I took this photo just BEFORE the cleaning lady came through.
After looking all around town, I finally settled on an apartment in Dallas's uptown area. It's a trendy area of shops, restaurants, bars, apartments, and such all within walking distance. There's even a trolley line that runs up and down the main strip.
I'll be moving in and getting settled in January, so look for an address update from me soon! Until then, I'll be on Maui enjoying these little dears.
I was reminded by a history channel commercial that Dallas is the site of the assassination of JFK. Although I didn't have a chance to stop in the museum, I did drive through Dealey Plaza. I was struck by how small the area is! I always pictured it a big flat expanse, but the surrounding area is an intimate hill. The spot where JFK took the fatal bullet is marked with an X in the road. A bit macabre in my opinion.
I also took a trip over to the Ft. Worth Stockyards where I had dinner in restaurant that featured bar stools made from saddles. Nearby is the world's biggest honky tonk. I'll definitely be back there to try my hand at some country line dancing.
After looking all around town, I finally settled on an apartment in Dallas's uptown area. It's a trendy area of shops, restaurants, bars, apartments, and such all within walking distance. There's even a trolley line that runs up and down the main strip.
I'll be moving in and getting settled in January, so look for an address update from me soon! Until then, I'll be on Maui enjoying these little dears.





2 comments:
Loved going thru ur wonderful blog !!
- Smita
littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com
(fun food ideas for lil eaters )
Post a Comment